Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Five

Several blogs I read do a little thing on Friday's called "Friday Five" and talk about five things they are loving. I think I have written posts like this before but can't remember, so here goes nothing.

1. The Connor-Man - this kid is just simply amazing. He has wit that won't quit and good looks for days. I am one blessed girl to be his Momma. We have this thing that we've done since he could talk where I always say "I love you more than..." and Connor responds "anythaaaang!" And then I tell him "you're my...." and he says "compweeeeeety!" Most people do not understand what that last part means, but me and Con do, so that's all that matters. I always tell him he makes my heart complete..therefore he is my "compweety" << get it? I snapped the picture yesterday before he went to stay with Gigi for a few hours while I went to the mall with Katie and Harper. Connor left empty handed but came back with Waffle House leftovers, silly string (multiple cans), and a Fanta orange drink. Thank you for those purchases Gigi ;-)


2. Ray-Ban Aviators: Some things are timeless and classic and worth every penny in my book, and these sunglasses (including other Ray-Ban styles such as wayfarers) fit that description. My mom generously gifted me with these a few years ago and I love them and will probably never own another kind. They are the original, classic fit. Love them. 

3. Cruisers: We went walking/running/bike riding the other night and I rode my sister's pink cruiser that she has had since high school graduation and LOVED it. I felt like a 5 year old again, except this time I am a much better bike rider. Now I want a mint green one!!! Exercising with my family was so much fun, we all moved at our own pace but encouraged each other nonetheless. My Mom loved riding Ashley's cruiser as well, maybe we should just all get one.



4. Grilled yellow squash and zucchini from the garden: Oh my goodness, Drew grills the best squash! All he uses is olive oil, salt, and pepper. I think it's the "grilled taste" that makes these strips of squash so amazing. I could eat it every night! 


5. J. Crew Thistle-print popover: I have been dying for this shirt since I first saw it in stores a few weeks back. I really wanted it for the beach, but I laughed when I saw the $88 price tag. I'll be honest, I had beach picture outfits in mind for the whole family and NEARLY justified purchasing it with a meager 15% off I get from my student i.d. but I held back and prayed it would go on sale. Yesterday I rode to the mall with Katie and told her I just wanted to pop in to see if it was on sale, and it was! It was marked down already and then I got an additional 45% off so it was around $32...yay yay yay!!! 


So that's it...there's my "friday five" -- Happy Weekend Y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. That squash looks delicious! Next time we grill I'll have to try it out, great idea :)

    ReplyDelete