Thursday, March 28, 2013

From Here To The Moon and Back...


Last week was the hardest week of my life, I can say that without a doubt. The loss of this big brown-eyed doll baby left me physically hurting and crying during everything I did. I would give anything if it had not happened, if it really was the nightmare that it seemed like, but it did happen and is therefore a part of God's perfect plan. How could something "in a perfect plan" hurt so much? Life was already perfect for this little angel. See, there's proof below...picture perfect life...Daddy's girl, Momma's best friend and little dancer, and big sister to her mini-me. I have replayed those very honest thoughts in my head over and over, and I've cried since the shocking and traumatic moment I found out that Mia had gone to be with Jesus. I don't understand why, and I have tried to stop trying. Through the past days, I have just tried to pray for my sweet family to have peace and strength. The funeral was heart breaking but at the same time, there was so much love in that little church, I am not sure how it was contained. Darrek sang and one of the songs was "From Here to the Moon and Back" by Dolly Parton. It was so fitting because I know that's just a fraction of the love Mia's family felt for her. Thankfully, we will see this sweet girl again one day. For now, I am sure she's telling Jesus big stories (in typical Mia fashion) and boy will she have some to share with us when we get there! Please keep Adam, Kelly, Micah and the rest of the family in your prayers. Prayers are so appreciated in a devastating time like this. Remember to hug your babies extra tight. Love to all... 


From Here to the Moon and Back 
By: Dolly Parton

I could hold out my arms, say "I love you this much" 
I could tell you how long I will long for your touch 
How much and how far would I go to prove 
The depth and the breadth of my love for you? 

From here to the moon and back 
Who else in this world will love you like that? 
Love everlasting, I promise you that 
From here to the moon and back 
From here to the moon and back 

I want you to know you can always depend 
On promises made and love without end 
No need to wonder how faithful I'll be 
Now and on into eternity 

From here to the moon and back 
Who else in this world will love you like that? 
Forever and always, I'll be where you're at 
From here to the moon and back 
From here to the moon and back 

I would blow you a kiss from the star where I sat 
I would call out your name to echo through the vast 
Thank heaven for you and to God, tip my hat 
From here to the moon and back 
And I'll spend forever just proving that fact 
From here to the moon and back

No comments:

Post a Comment