Monday, July 25, 2011

Tis the Old Time Religion

I heard one of the strongest, sweetest, most loving children I know sing this old gospel song last night, and I've been singing it all morning. As Abigail was singing this song last night, I immediately had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat and was thankful to have been brought up in the "Old Time Religion" where the Gospel was always preached and where I was able to be convicted and saved by God's grace.

It's the old time religion, it's the old time religion, it's the old time religion....it's good enough for me!

It was good for my mother, it was good for my mother, it was good for my mother....it's good enough for me!

It was good for my father, it was good for my father, it was good for my father...it's good enough for me!

It will take us all to heaven, it will take us all to heaven, it will take us all to heaven...it's good enough for me! 
 
Hearing that little innocent voice singing that song was my favorite part of the whole service! 

2 comments:

  1. love that song, lindsey, and i'm so thankful to have been raised in a church where the gospel was preached, too. :) revival time is the sweetest time of the year, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops, that was jaimee that said that. :)

    ReplyDelete