Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ashley's Senior Prom - Bittersweet!

















True story, yesterday as we turned onto Sugarpike Rd. almost to the house where Ash was meeting her group to take prom pics, "Strawberry Wine" came on the radio. Drew looked at me and started laughing, because there's an infamous story about Ash and that song from when she was little. I kind of smiled, but I almost wanted to cry. I can't believe she went to senior prom last night. Although Ash and I are sometimes known for our bickering with each other, it is only because we know each other better than we know ourselves. I always tell everyone that she is my "crutch" - I lean on her all the time! But, last night is just another reminder that she is quickly becoming an adult and will head off to the big world of college soon...I really, really do not like to think about it, so I just don't. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Anywho, in typical Ashley style, the prom dress story is definitely a dramatic one. The first dress they found and ordered was shipped and delivered and Ash took it to our friends Mom to be altered only to find out that the dress COULDN'T be altered due to beading placement - this was LAST weekend (as in 7 days ago).  So they immediately ordered another dress and found out mid-week that the dress was on backorder!!!! So, Mom & Ash went that day to try and find a dress in Roswell, and she found the dress you see above. It had to be altered, and we all went to pick it up on Friday afternoon. Pictures don't do the dress or Ash justice, she was the prettiest girl there! 

I didn't sleep AT ALL last night since I was coughing and the storms were so bad here, so I text Ash really late and asked how her night went..."It was so fun!" was her response...I sighed with relief....SUCCESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment