Monday, January 3, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Very often, Christmas cards will have a message stating "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" - I guess it is sort of killing two birds with one stone. It's easy to group these two wishes together, because it seems like they're literally back to back. It's past both of them, and I haven't blogged about our Christmas or New Years, oops!
 
This picture was taken on Christmas Day at Andy and Connie's house, we were trying to get a family picture in front of the pretty snow. The white Christmas that we had this year was such a blessing, and although it threw some plans off a little bit, it was still fun and beautiful to see. Per usual, Drew, Connor, and I had a great Christmas. We were given too many gifts, and we were spoiled with lots of good food (I am still scared to step on the scales). Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our family and friends who enjoyed Christmas with us, gave us gifts, and everything else you all did to make our Christmas special. One thing that we did last year at Andy & Connie's house and that I noticed on facebook and other blogs that several other families did is have a birthday cake that says "Happy Birthday Jesus" and sort of focus for a bit on remembering that we celebrate Christmas because of Jesus' Birthday. I definitely want to incorporate that tradition next year into our Christmas festivities!
Also, I hope you all enjoyed ringing in the New Year of 2011! We spent NYE at Erick and Katie's house and had hot dogs and hamburgers and just enjoyed relaxing and hanging out. New Years day was rainy and yucky, and Drew had to work so Connor and I hung out at Erick and Katie's some more and relaxed until time to get ready to eat the traditional NYD meal, I ate lots of greens, so maybe that means I will have lots of money (ya right!)

Anyway, you all know my philosophy, better late than never, so I hope everyone enjoyed a Merry Christmas and has a healthy, blessed, and prosperous New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. We will definitely keep that cake tradition going. It truly is about Jesus! I agree, the whole day was enjoyable and great to spend with the family. <3 y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete