Sunday, October 17, 2010

Precious Memories and a Happy Birthday!


I was reminded of two things last night. One of those things is that my cousin, Cody, loved his "Pop" so very much. I tried to avoid tearing up and becoming a big crying mess while looking at the slide show playing at the funeral home last night. I know it will be hard to let go of such a sweet man for this family, but he has suffered from such a terrible disease for a while now, and I know they will find comfort knowing he is suffering no longer. Unfortunately, sometimes we are reminded of happier times while going through sad ones. Last night, we all found Connor and Logan sitting on a sofa at the funeral home and just sweetly playing together. I also could have teared up at this, because Cody and I loved playing together and hanging out when we were little. Tina gives me a hard time, because she says Cody did whatever I said and that is why he is such a good husband now days, haha! HOWEVER, I was about the prissiest chick around and remember willingly riding tractors, swinging golf balls, and smiling big while going on lots of boyish adventures (even if it was crashing Tina's car into a garage) hahaha!!! Childhood memories are precious, and the people in them are even more precious! When I would go over to Cody's Nanny and Pop's, they always treated me as one of their own, and I am thankful to have known such a sweet man. Please remember them all in your prayers as they say goodbye to "Pop" over the next few days.

On a lighter note, the second thing that I was reminded of thanks to Marylin is that I need to start blogging again! So, Marylin, this is for you :)

I was working yesterday and Drew was in South Georgia, so my Daddy took Connor and bought him a BB Gun (pictures to follow) and took him to the Fall Festival for us, thanks Daddy...you're the best.

And last, but not least, Happy Birthday Pa! We look forward to putting away some delicious food tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your blog. I really enjoy it and Connor and Logan are so cute together. I am positive that you and Cody were just as cute. There is nothing like precious memories. I love to read what you blog and your pictures are sweet.

    ReplyDelete