Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2 "firsts" in 1 day!

Yesterday was an exciting day to say the least! Little did we know just how exciting it would turn out to be and also somewhat scary. Connor was asleep by 8 pm sharp the night before school and woke up ready to go when I told him it was time to get up and get ready for school. He ate his pancakes and was in the best little mood. He walked into the school like a pro and went to his seat immediately. As a Mommy, you just have that "gut instinct" that lets you know when something is going to be great or when something is going to be not-so-great. And, I knew that today would be GREAT for Connor during his first day in Kindergarten. I had to go to the college to register for classes at 3 pm today (obviously not my choice of timing) - so I went by the school to see Con at the end of the day, and of course, he had had a great day! I took off to register for classes thinking when I got back in an hour or so that Con would sit down and fill me in about his day...um, WRONG! Instead, I called my Mom and found out that Connor had fallen off of the porch at my Nanny's messing around with her swing and it was all chaotic from there! We headed to Urgent Care thinking maybe an arm x-ray would be sufficient and would let us know everything was alright. Except, on the way there, Connor could not hold his eyes open. I was talking to him loudly and sitting in the back with him trying to get him to wake up, but he couldn't stay that way. So, Mom and I got scared and told Urgent Care about this when we got there. They advised that we take him onto the ER. I suggested to Mom that maybe we should just go on to Scottish Rite, because I've heard how efficient they are even with the smallest of injuries, but it is a long drive, so I wasn't sure what to do. We called someone who has too much experience with the ER atmosphere, Amy, and she advised us just to go to SR. So, after meeting gigi with the insurance card, off we went....! Connor was so so so brave and although he was a little anxious at first about being in the "hospital" - he was awesome and so easy to deal with. He was so scared of what they would do to his arm, so when the RN asked him if it hurt he said "not too bad." Fortunately, he saw that taking x-rays is no big deal, and we were out of there by 7:30 with the blue cast, new sling, and the fireman pillow in tow. The pillow was a nice surprise seeing as we didn't think he could take it home, and he wanted to really badly! Of course, gigi and nona were trying to figure out where to buy the fabric and who could make an exact copy of that pillow for Con. Anyway, he slept great through the night except for waking up at 3:30 crying with some pain, so we gave him some ibuprofen and he was back asleep within minutes and is currently still sleeping.

I had my camera from morning until night yesterday, so I have lots of pictures to share with y'all! ;)




My phone was blowing up with calls and texts last night, so if I didn't get back with you, I am so sorry. We were just trying to get Connor fed, home, and situated. I will keep you all posted! Hoping for an uneventful rest of the week... ;)
Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Whew, what a first day definitely! He was so brave and so were you, Mom!!! I'm so glad he had a great first day at school and Im sure everybody loved him and his BIG brown eyes. Love and prayers for the rest of the week - safe and sound! Love, Connie/Gigi :)

    ReplyDelete