Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend
















As you can see from all of the pictures, we definitely had a fun-filled 4th of July weekend. Friday, we went to lunch at Connor's favorite place (O'Charleys) and to see Toy Story 3 with GiGi. I was worried about 3/4 of the way through the movie that Con was losing focus and wanted to leave, but he ended up just needing a bathroom break and did good the rest of the time. It was a cute movie, and I am glad we all got to see it. Saturday night, my Mom had the annual 4th of July cookout for our family and long time family friends, and that was fun! We had been at the pool all day, so I was exhausted, but I still ate way too much food and had a great time with everyone. My Mom works so hard to make sure all of the food is just right and that everyone has a great time, and she pulls it off every year! Dad helps, too. :) After the cookout, Drew, Connor, and I went to the lake with Erick and Katie. We had lots of fun letting Connor ride on the boat, jet ski, and even do some tubing with his Daddy and Erick. My child has NO FEAR, and it scares me to death. As usual, he kept us on our toes and also laughing out loud the entire time. Thanks to Erick and Katie for having us at the lake house, we had a blast! We ended up watching fireworks on the lake with a ton of other  boats, I took a picture, but it is a little dark and hard to see. The fireworks weren't as good as Canton, but they were pretty decent. And, it was so relaxing to sit out on the boat and watch them go off. I hope you all had a great 4th of July! We are SO enjoying our Summer, but it is passing by too quickly. Connor asks every single day when we can go back to the beach, he literally loves it and is in heaven when we are there. He asks if we can stay in "brian and lilah's condo" until August. ha! We wish! I just tell him to keep bugging his Papa, he could definitely get farther than I could ;)

Well, we are off to get ready for the morning service at Longstreet. Drew had to work late, so Connor and I went last night to church. Please continue to remember Abigail in your prayers. My heart is still so heavy for Amy & Shannon. As I've said before, I can't even imagine what they're feeling. But, we will continue to pray for peace and for God to provide anything that anyone involved needs as their little girl goes through this surgery so that it's successful.

Love,
Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks like y'all had a fun time at the lake. I love the picture with Connor's hand in the air! I'm glad we got to go to the movies, Toy Story 3 was good. Yes, summer for me is coming to a quick end too soon. Great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete